Born in Vienna, Austria, Genoveva Kriechbaum studied at the University of Applied Arts in her hometown and the United States.
She is a multifaceted artist with an international background, who expresses herself through photography, sculpture, multimedia art installations and writing.
Genoveva has several awards for photography, film and design under her belt and currently lives in the UAE where she continues to live out her creativity, including a book depicting a journey following the construction of a pipeline.
Awards: Photo Competitions
- May 2011 – 1st prize – ‘Camel Pedicure’
- International photographic competition for European Commission’s Directorate General for Health and Consumers (DG SANCO) and the World Organization for Animal Health (OIE)
- Nov. 2010 – 1st prize – ‘The effect of plastic bags on the UAE wild/costal environment’
- Emirates Heritage Club, Abu Dhabi, UAE
- 2000 – Winner of The Camel Art and Design Contest
- Feb-Mar 2012 – Solo Photography Exhibition – Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Celebrating 40 Years of UAE Achievement, ‘Sheikh Zayed’s Last Vision: The Grand Mosque – Spirit in the Making’
- Under Patronage of H.H. Sheikh Nahyan Bin Mubarak Al Nahyan Minister for Higher Education, Science &Technology and the Austrian Federal Ministry for European and International Affairs