Tor Seidel grew up in East Germany, and is a graduate from the Free University Berlin, having a Magister Artium in Philosophy (M.A.). He has worked as a professional photographer and artist since 1992, and has also worked as a photographer for magazines, industry related publications and advertising since 1998.
A resident of the United Arab Emirates since 2014, he also lectures and conducts workshops on photography at the American University in Dubai (AUD). Since October 2016, he is a Lecturer for Fine-Art Photography at the University of Sharjah, College of Fine Art and Design.
- 2016 Syngenta Photo Award Exhibition
- 2015 German Photobook Award 2016 for “The Dubai”
- 2014 “Deutsche Bank Dubai Art Foundation”, for “The Dubai”
- 2007 Deutscher Wissenschaftsfotopreis 2007 for X-Ray Portrait (German Science Foto Award)
- 2006 Science et Cite Prize Zurich 2006 for X-Ray Portrait
- 2001 Polaroid Prize
Books & Publications:
- 2015-2017 “Mannequines” at Kerber Publisher
- 2014, “The Dubai” at Hatje-Cantz Publisher
- 2005, “X-Ray Portraits” at Buhler-Heckel Publisher