The photographer, Yousef Al-Harmoodi, works as the head of the Photography department at the “Emarat Al Youm” newspaper. He studied Mass Media at Sharjah University.
He is an arbitrator at Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid for Visual Photography Awards. As he also offers advanced courses in photography.
He likes the depiction of nature and people. His style tends towards simplicity. He seeks to choose new angles that include the actual dimensions of the scene, and highlights its strength.
He has had more than 25 art exhibitions in this country and abroad. His exhibitions include:
* Tawaf Exhibition (June 23rd, A.D. 2011)
* Sikka Art Fair (23rd April, A.D. 2012)
* Tawaf Exhibition (second edition) April 9th A.D. 2012
* Private Exhibition of the French Embassy in Abu Dhabi, which was attended by His Excellency, former French Minister of Culture, Frederic Mitterrand (February 12th, A.D. 2012)
* Exhibition of Storytellers in Abu Dhabi (June 6th A.D. 2012)
Al Harmoodi prefers to photograph the desert, especially the desert of the Empty Quarter, which finds to provide a calm away from the hustle and bustle of cities. Uusually he walks on the sands for long distances, across the hills of the Empty Quarter which raise to 250 meters above the ground.
Al Harmoodi seeks the hidden shots that are hidden between the sand dunes. He revisits the same desert site and is able to get new and creative scenes each time. He finds that changing lenses is a useful strategy to show unusual nature scenes.